We believe that all students have the right to learn in a safe, caring environment without the fear of being bullied. Whilst recognizing that all educational institutions, whether large or small, have the potential for some bullying behavior, we feel that a clearly communicated and understood system for discipline can minimize its occurrence.
At Albayan Schools, we promote moral citizenship and make it clear that bullying is anti-social and contrary to our ethos. Respect and kindness are expected of all our students, and any instances of bullying will result in immediate action from the administration.
- Bullying incidents are reported to staff.
- Parents are informed and asked to attend a meeting to discuss the issue.
- Bullying, or threats of bullying, must be investigated and stopped quickly.
- Every effort will be made to support the bully (bullies) to change their behavior.
- The bully (bullies) will be asked to genuinely apologize.
- Suspension or exclusion will be considered in serious cases.
- If possible, the students will be reconciled.
- Following the incident and subsequent handling of it, each case will be monitored to ensure there is no repetition.
Bullying diminishes a student’s ability to learn and a school’s ability to educate. Preventing students from engaging in these disruptive behaviors and providing all students equal access to a safe, non-hostile learning environment are important goals at Albayan Schools.
Thus, awareness sessions and workshops are given to students at different levels, for example:
- Inner Peace: Students’ stress is relieved by instilling a sense of global awareness, calm and tranquility.
- Zyara: Local awareness is instilled in the students to inspire acceptance of others and the ability to use proper manners in social situations.
- Be Active, Stay Calm: Helping students control their behavior by teaching them how to be effectively active and stay calm.